Wednesday, July 29, 2026

2026 OneThing#29 - I Was Busy

First, I made "Akina playlist on my phone" my OneThing. Then I realized that I didn't want to pirate the songs OR buy all the music. I figured I could just play the Christian music already on my phone in a pinch. (Which worked out fine because the wifi was better this year AND other people had the newer, more popular songs on their phones.)

 

Then I made "Finish reading Radium Girls" my OneThing because I figured I'd have a little down time for reading throughout the week. Well . . . that didn't happen.

 

I came home from Grand Marais on Sunday, July 19. I left for Akina camp near Pillager, MN, on Monday. I got home from camp on Saturday, July 25 and left for a quilt retreat the next day. I had my packing for all three trips mostly done before I left for GM on Friday, July 17.

 

Camp was excellent, but kept me very, very busy. The kids were dynamic but I don't have permission to share pictures of their faces. I can share a picture that Lonna took of some of their tie-dyed shirts hanging out to dry.

 

According to my step tracker, I got the following steps at camp:

Monday - 10,735 (my drive day / planning / no kids)

Tuesday - 20,029

Wednesday - 22,225

Thursday - 15,952

Friday - 15,048

Saturday - 13,824

 

So . . . yeah. I was tired. Helping with the tie-dyed shirts was fun. I learned a lot. I'm still not terribly good at it, but this was better than my first attempt. I was with Sara for our small group of girls. What a blessing! And the Amazing Race challenges were especially good this year.

 

I am writing this on the Wednesday after my busy week! And I've already changed my OneThing for this week twice . . . because I'm mostly just trying to catch up with things. 


 

No comments: