Saturday, August 29, 2026

2026 OneThing #35 - Install Oven "Mat"

 I can't believe how long it has taken me to do this . . . here's the story.

 

Sometimes things in the oven spill over and make a mess. One time, my sister-in-law Delavon was at our house and I expressed frustration about this issue. I do not love scrubbing my oven. She raved about a product you could put on the bottom of the oven to deal with it. I told her I wasn't interested. I want less stuff, not more. She was insistent and ordered some for me.

 

I was resistant to her suggestion. (I can be a stubborn pill sometimes.) The box sat in my cupboard until I just about forgot about it.

 

Then I was at her house and something spilled in the oven. We waited for the oven to cool down after the meal, then I went to clean up the mess. It wiped right off. No fuss. I was amazed. Ah! Now I understood her insistence that we use the product! It worked great.

 

But I kept not reading the information and installing the stuff. Don't ask me why . . . more projects than time? Out of sight, out of mind? So I finally made it my "One Thing" this past week.

 

I don't have cool photos, so I'll just share the directions. Because our oven in Jordan is double and has a covered heating element, I cut it so that there was an inch between the mat and the walls / door of the oven. I laid it ON the bottom rack in each oven. 

 


I did have an issue when making pizza. As I tried to shift the baking stone that was resting on the mat on the rack, the whole mat moved. I had to get creative in using oven mitts to hold the mat in place AND move the pizza stone. Minor issue and I'm sure I'll get used to dealing with it.

 

I highly, highly recommend these things for anyone who loves to bake and hates to scrub out the oven! I really need to thank my sister-in-law. Now it's time to put the third one in the oven at the lake . . .  (The box she ordered for me had three sheets in it.) 

 

 

No comments: