Sunday, February 22, 2009

Clutter: 2

Next up is a note about people I care about who have lost loved ones. Why is it that I write myself a note, but too often don't send a card. Or go to the wake. Or call and say, "how are you doing?"

Sometimes I think I'm a really insensitive and selfish person. Other times, I just think I try too hard to do too much and am therefore bound to let myself down. It doesn't make much sense to send a sympathy card three months to three years after a death, does it? So I guess I can resolve to respond more quickly in the future. And I can still gently ask how the person I care about is doing. I mean, my next door neighbor's mom died within the past year and I've never said anything about it! I feel like a creep.

Okay. Can't undo the past. Live for Jesus. Look to the future. Be content in the present.

No comments: