Thursday, March 28, 2013

Throwing Things Away Is Just So Hard!

It's hard for a packrat to sort through another packrat's stuff. As I am helping my father-in-law to go through some of Betty's belongings, there are some things I want to keep, many that I am placing in a donations pile, and some . . . that I logically know should be thrown away, but I struggle to do so. There is a plaque that is way past its prime! The face of it is water-damaged and it's not very attractive any more. When I said I would put it in the giveaway pile, Delavon said, "Or toss it?" There was a subtext of "Who would want it?" Yep. It should be tossed. But the wood is still good . . . someone could attach a new thing on the front of it! Sigh. I need to learn how to toss things out. But I *must* record the saying which I love:

There are three ways to get something done: do it yourself, hire someone, or forbid your kids to do it.

No comments: