Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pool Table ReFelting

Louie saw the place where my rotary cutter slipped . . . and the research I've been meaning to do for a few years took on new urgency. First I looked at Peters Billiards, a local company. Too many choices on the website, so I called and asked. It will / would cost $445 to have someone come out and refelt the table. That's with the cheapest fabric ($160 of the total cost) they offer. Ouch!

I found a great little DIY site that teaches how to do it: http://refelting.com/ but there's no way on Earth I'd tackle something like that. Louie is being kind and understanding (though he asked me to never cut on his pool table again) though still irritated. We'll consult with Jeff Beaudoin and decide what to do.

At least I have finally taken all the junk off the pool table and vacuumed it. (And I have come clean about my oopsie.) Now he's nagging me about my punctuation. Oy vay!

No comments: