Monday, May 9, 2016

One Thing continued

For May 2-7, my one thing was to "Get a good gift for Louie" for his birthday. With Morgan's help, I gave him a 4k monitor for his home office. I got him two other small things, but he didn't like them as much as the monitor. He said, "you shouldn't have," but Morgan said, "that kind of makes me drool." The guys were pretty impressed with it. Louie's one thing was "Replace board under deck" but he didn't work on that at all. The week went fast and we didn't seem to have much time to do anything. He said he should have set a goal of changing the oil on the church lawnmower, because he got that done! Way to be positive, LaMoore . . .

For May 9-14, here's what we're choosing:
Jeanne - send MQ volunteer assignment emails
Louie - NO! I didn't get last week's "one thing" done . . .

For me, this has been a fantastic experiment. Focusing on what does get done instead of the myriad undone things helps me be positive. The visual reminder of what one thing I want to get done over the course of the week helps me to get that thing DONE.

I picked the MQ Volunteer emails because that's something I've been procrastinating on and feeling bad about. I just need to DO it!

No comments: