Friday, February 28, 2020

Fart Humor

I was trying to decide whether to put this on my reading blog, my mom and dad blog, or here! It fits on any of those places, but it's mostly a random musing.

My mom was very open about her gas "issues" and we joked about farting a lot. Here's one book I think she owned:
The Gas We Pass: The Story of Farts by Shinta Cho is actually pretty interesting in explaining how gas happens. It's also a bit crude / entertaining for kids who like scatological humor.



She farted a lot. It was often quite smelly. As a family, we had a lot of jokes about it. She was also a third grade teacher, and third graders absolutely lose it when someone farts. I'm not sure if she bought the book to use in her classroom or just got it for her own library and entertainment . . . 






Paperback Everyone Poops Book
She also owned a copy of Everyone Poops by Taro Gomi. I grabbed a photo from the publisher. I've found that most kids are really fascinated by these books. 











Image result for walter the farting dog book

 A book that I thought I owned but couldn't find on my bookshelf is Walter the Farting Dog by William Kotzwinkle. I borrowed it from the public library to share with some kiddos after we had a conversation about farting. Great conversation, huh?



Oh! I referenced "scatological humor" to someone and when they asked what that meant, I don't think I explained it very well. So I googled it and here's what Wikipedia said: "Toilet humour or scatological humour is a type of off-colour humour dealing with defecation, urination and flatulence, and to a lesser extent vomiting and other body functions."


No comments: