Sunday, January 31, 2016

Dad's interests

As I'm getting rid of scraps of paper, I think about the content and meaning. I have a list:

Labrador / oil
Baffin Island
solar system
Ellesmere Island

These were topics I had been trying to find audiobooks about (without much luck). I was thinking of getting print books this summer and just reading them to my dad. The topics interested him and he wanted to learn more. Missed opportunity - but I don't have regrets about it. I tried really hard to keep him supplied with audiobooks. I did my best.

I wrote the above on 1/31/2016. I'm adding the info below on 2/16/2017.

Found a slip of paper to recycle, but had to record it here first. "Dad likes Michael Harvey's book The Third Rail. More by this author? Chicago Way and The Fifth Floor."

The first one had print copies at Pioneerland and Traverse des Sioux, but I never got them to read to him. I did my best to keep him entertained with audiobooks. Moving on.

No comments: