Saturday, January 30, 2016

When I retire . . .

There are a LOT of things I'm hoping / planning to do when I retire, but I could be doing them now. Time management is not a strength for me. In doing a bit of tidying (and tossing), I came across a catalog for "The Great Courses" audio programs. I've checked a few of these out from the public library (and would probably not ever buy them - they're pricey!) and will probably check them out again in the future.

My favorite one to date is the music history courses taught by Professor Robert Greenberg of the University of California at Berkeley. His intelligence and humor make him very interesting to listen to. The catalog has prices for DVD, videotape, audio CD, and audiotape . . . so you know it's old!

I hope these courses still exist in a decade when I'm shifting to retirement life. Even though the title sounds pretentious, the quality is really quite good . . . and less expensive than taking a college class!

No comments: