Thursday, March 30, 2017

YouTube and Middle Schoolers

Here's another get-rid-of-a-scrap-of-paper entry:

Students often recommend YouTube videos to me. Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised! Other times, I think, "Kids actually spend time watching other kids play MineCraft??!?!" Then there are times I just think, "Boy, am I oooooooold!"

Charlie the Unicorn is strange. I might have enjoyed it as a sassy pre-teen. Charlie's stoic attitude and the urban legend tweak are mildly amusing . . . but I really don't get the appeal. And yet I have students who can quote from it. Hmmm.

Unbelievable Dub Step Dance Crew . . . it's interesting to watch the way a person can move his body so dramatically, but the music is enough to make me leave!

Yep. I'm old. I'll take Tom and Jerry and Fred Astaire.

No comments: