Monday, February 26, 2024

2024 Studio Post #8 - Quilt Top Done

I had this mostly done at the January in-town retreat (post #3) but wanted to finish the bottom portion. I'm not entirely happy with how it turned out and may cut off the bottom corners to have it lay better on the bed. It didn't fit well on the floor in front of my bookcases in the living room! (This is a side view with the head of the bed to the left and the bottom of the bed to the right.) 


Next I'll work on the backing, which I'm piecing together with random fabric leftovers. The batting I have is too small, so I'll need to decide if I piece it together with other batting or buy a piece that's big enough.


After I have the batting and backing ready to go, I'll schedule time with my friend Rose so I can long-arm it at her house. Then I can make the binding and put it on! 

 

The color scheme and design are a bit odd, but I'm having fun with it. Louie's only comment was, "that's colorful." I'll be happy to have it on our bed when I'm done!

No comments: