Tuesday, July 16, 2024

2024 Studio Post #24 - Binding!

 Hooray! Progress this past week! (Though I'm posting my 7.14.24 entry on 7.16 . . . . )


I finally made my binding! I was going to try to make the bias continuous binding, but I was too intimidated and rushed. I just cut 2 1/4" strips from my fabric and "spliced" them. I could have been more careful, but I've gotten better at it.


I sewed the binding on so I could bring it to the lake. That process was a little rough, but I hope to improve as I do this more often.


At the lake, I've hand-stitched the binding to the back all along one long side and halfway across the bottom. Part of me wants to continue stitching, but I have a lot to do today before we pack up and go. Plus, my hands get sore if I stitch too long.


I'm eager to finish this quilt and get it onto our bed at home!

No comments: