Sunday, February 12, 2023

Declutter #7 - Miscellany

In some ways, I'm more focused on getting rid of stuff than actually decluttering my home . . . but it's almost becoming a mindset. Buy less. Use what I already have. Get rid of excess!


Here are some relatively recent "get rid of" items:

  • an ancient bottle of hair gel (from a decade ago? Longer?) I threw it away.
  • a bulletin from South Santiago Lutheran Church. Initially, I thought it was from Joshua's baptism. But the date is from a few weeks before he was born! Must have been from the baby shower . . . I taped it into his journal where I'm writing stories and wrote about his baptism and his brother's baptism (which was today).
  • My sister-in-law did not want the remainder of the cleaning supplies from her house in Maple Grove. Today, I threw away a few sponges and put the rest along with some rags into the wash. I'll add them to my cleaning supplies and use them up! (Theoretically . . . I don't actually do much cleaning.)
  • I've added a few things to a giveaway box for my friend Jenifer. She is on the board of Saving Grace Village. They do a huge sale each year as a fundraiser. I'm putting nicer things in it, mostly clothing and household stuff. When it's full, I'll bring it to her house.

I feel as though there have been a few other things, but it's all pretty small stuff. I hope to move on to something more significant this next week! Also, I'm way too lazy to take and post any pictures!


Oh! Actually, I took this photo (of Louie with little Nick) out of the frame and added one of Morgan with Joshua when he was littler. I don't know where I put it . . . perhaps it's with stocking stuffers. Or my "grandma" bin. Or with the stuff I'm hanging onto until they're in their new house. In any case, I'll keep the photo of Louie and Nick but give away the cute frame.




No comments: