Sunday, February 5, 2023

2023 Declutter #6 - Furniture

So this isn't really a "declutter," . . . but it does involve me getting rid of some stuff. We gained a queen size boxspring and mattress from my sister-in-law and decided to put it in the guest bedroom. I planned to sell the futon that we had been using as a guest bed. I texted my three sons first, and only one responded - with "no thanks."


After I took lots of pictures but before I had posted it on Craigslist, my husband told me that our middle son wanted the futon. He was going to get rid of a too-large futon and use our old guest room one instead. So this has left my home and is now at his home.



 

 

I also had an office chair from my sister-in-law that she was going to throw away because it was missing two of the wheels. It sat in my basement for quite a while and then my husband fixed it! When I sat in it, I thought it was too bad that it was so uncomfortable. It is beautiful, but it needs a good cushion!


I've posted it on both Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace, but no one responded when I had it listed for $60. So I changed it to free and got six people to contact me today! I'm blogging preemptively, but anticipate that it will be gone tomorrow. I hope it's gone!



I don't know that I'll make much decluttering progress this week, but I'll try! There's a lot going on this week. I'm eager to continue this quest, though.


Small things:

I got rid of a file folder that had a historical newspaper in it. I have another file folder with Valentine's hearts and streamers. I hope to foist that off on someone at the middle school.


No comments: