Friday, February 24, 2023

Declutter #9 - posters and makeup stuff

Again, this wasn't a huge week for decreasing my possessions, but I did go through a folder of posters. Some of them went right back into the folder, but the ones pictured below will get donated at NPMS (or tossed out).

The one with the baby always reminded me of Alex. I used to love posters so much! The Aruba poster - I dreamed of going to warm, sunny beaches, especially in the winter. The Peace Corps - I dreamed of joining. The Moonlighting Teachers - sarcastic humor. Kim Possible! Loved that show. Still have the soundtrack CD. I also had a laminated picture of the NPMS eighth graders of the 2002-03 school year. 


Getting rid of stuff feels good!


I also finished going through the basement bathroom thoroughly. Lots of cleaning and nitty-gritty scrubbing was involved! I held a small bottle of eye makeup remover . . . and realized that I haven't worn makeup in almost five years (since Nick's wedding to Mari, I believe). Initially, I thought about donating it. But I quickly heard my daughter-in-law Stacie's voice (quickly seconded by my best friend Jenifer's) saying, "Just throw it away!" So I did. I dumped out the fluid and recycled the bottle. 

 

There were some other makeup items that were a minimum of four and a half years old that got thrown away. When I told Jenifer via Marco Polo about this (because it made me laugh), she lectured me on not keeping any eye makeup past six months! Since I rarely wear any, this will not be an issue going forward. I simply won't buy any!

No comments: