Monday, August 26, 2024

2024 Studio Post #30 - Teresa's Brother's Quilt - Made By Their Mom

My friend Teresa lost her mom a year ago. Her mom had made a quilt for Teresa and had started to make one for Teresa's brother. Teresa asked me about it. I jumped at the chance to finish it for her brother! (She doesn't have other quilters in her life.) I've done a tiny bit of stitching so far but wanted these pictures of what she had already made. So much work went into this quilt. What a precious gift from a mother to her son.

 

After I finish stitching on the off-white, I'll find a stencil to stitch in the large open areas. I want to make sure it's okay with Teresa, first, though. Then I plan to attach the two pieces (one is skinnier than the other) and bind it. Again, I'll check with Teresa on the choice of fabric for the binding. 

 

The large green stitching is what she used to baste the layers together. I'll remove it when I'm done with the hand quilting. I've had it for a year now (almost) and I've only stitched a little bit on it so far. Time to get to work on it!

 



 

No comments: