Thursday, August 29, 2024

2024 Studio Post #31 - Random Projects

I'm posting three days early this week! I got into the studio to make a "box" for our pontoon boat for trash and recycling. (I'm going to test it out before making a second one.) I used some of the horse blanket scraps my boss gave me. It was quick and a little sloppy, but it's a prototype. 

 

I also used one small scrap of the fabric to make a little container to hold threads or other junk when I'm hand stitching. When I went to the Crazy Quilters meeting last week, I just made a little pile on the table, but I kept brushing against it. If this little thing doesn't work out, I'll just throw it away.

 

I also stitched up a pair of underpants that had a weak seam, but I'm not posting a picture of that! I think I'll bring my hand stitching bag with me to the lake and try to learn some crazy quilt stitches. I haven't gone to JoAnn's yet to buy embroidery needles, though . . .

No comments: