Friday, July 17, 2020

Buildings and Ideas

Louie and I enjoy watching two Saturday morning shows on PBS: Woodsmith Shop and American Woodshop. We drink coffee, watch, and talk about projects. (One of the things I'm anticipating in Louie's retirement is him being able to make some of the things he's talked about making!)

One episode of American Woodshop had them making a barn workshop. I *love* that episode! The directions are theoretically online on their Facebook page, but I haven't taken the time to locate them.

I've been having fun working on plans for a garage at the lake. It's easily two years out (financially), so I'm just enjoying myself by thinking of possibilities. I'm not very good at construction "stuff," so I've been asking for input from others (Mike LaMoore, Nick, . . . )

Nick recommended a Netflix show called Grand Designs. For some reason, Netflix only has seasons 10 and 15 . . . We watched episode one together and I watched episode 2. Interesting stuff! We definitely aren't working with the kind of budgets those people are!

Last time we were at the lake, Louie was cutting some boards. The smell made me think of my dad's woodworking days and it made me happy / sad. Nostalgic, for sure.

I love seeing what Louie (and other woodworkers) create!

No comments: