Saturday, July 4, 2020

Vacation 1997 - South Dakota

More decluttering. I can't believe I saved these! We had such an amazing trip, but I have photographs and my journal. This was the first time Louie and I took a TWO week vacation. We had all three boys plus Jude Hines. Nick brought his "white kitty" Beanie Baby. We joked that by the end of the trip, it was a grey kitty. Good times, good memories. These are just a few of the places we went to - not sure why I don't have brochures for Mount Rushmore, the weird "magnetic" house on a slant, the hydropower plant, etc.




























We especially enjoyed the cave tours - very cool! And seeing Devil's Tower. We watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind at night in a nearby campground. What a good time!

(Added 7.17.2020)
I put the brochures in the bathroom to read before recycling. It's been fun! The science geek in me loves reading about the caves, the trees, etc. On the map of Wind Cave National Park I had written "north of Custer-Needles Hwy (87) - Sylvan Lake!" So of course I had to look up Sylvan Lake online. I really should check my journal - I probably wrote about why I enjoyed it so much. Here's the link to the lake which upon reading, perhaps I was excited that it is part of the National Treasure 2 movie . . . I really liked those movies.  

No comments: