Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Declutter #21 - books

I love books, but I have too many of them! It's getting easier to say goodbye to them - which is part of why I'm pushing myself to do these declutter blog entries. Motivation!


I've had the first book for several years. I used it on 5/21/23 as part of an illustration in church about missions. After church, I did a skim read. There's some good stuff in there, but I no longer identify with being "crazy busy." That isn't my life anymore!

I had started reading the Chabon book a long time ago. Seemed interesting and has great reviews. But only on page 48, I realized that I don't want to invest my time in reading it. Away it goes!

The third book is one I started to read several years ago. Besides being an award winner, it is compared to Shakespeare's King Lear thematically. But . . . I just didn't like it. I've thought about putting it on the top of my reading pile several times, but I decided to just donate it. Yay! All three of these will get dropped off at either a Better World Books drop or put into a Little Free Library.


The first three books are ones that have occupied space on my shelf for quite a while, but I've rarely ever accessed them. The fourth one I read and blogged about, so all of these were ready to find a new home. I brought them to The Recovery Church in St. Paul when I went for a Minnesota Quilters meeting. I want to be a blessing to others, not just get rid of my stuff! I hope someone digs deeper into God's Word or is inspired anew to build their relationship with the Lord.

No comments: