Thursday, September 14, 2023

Declutter #31 - Camping stuff

I picked a happy photo for this, though it isn't an image of what we're getting rid of!

We were in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness at the end of August / start of September. It was an amazing family trip!

But Louie and I are getting older and slower . . . and we're not sure how many more camping trips we'll be doing.

Our tent is okay, but showing signs of age. Some of the "weatherstripping" on the rain fly is coming loose. The elastic paracord in the poles is losing its elasticity. Louie had said that we had the identical tent at home (from when we went camping with the "boys" as a family of five). It would be cool to put together one "best" tent and get rid of the rest rather than buying a new tent at this point in our lives.


So after the trip, we were cleaning and storing things away. All that was left was the tent. I finally set it up on the deck to air out this week. When he got home from work, Louie got out the other tent. 


They are NOT the same design and the parts are not interchangeable. So the older tent got dropped off at Hands of Friendship Thrift Store in New Prague yesterday, along with a duffel bag that Louie decided he didn't need.


Yay! I love getting rid of excess stuff! I appreciate that we are so incredibly blessed to have surplus, but every time I help people with packing to move, I think about how much I'd prefer to get rid of stuff in a less stressful time period and manner.




No comments: