Monday, September 25, 2023

Declutter #33 - One Step Back . . .

Sadly, not only did I NOT get rid of stuff this week, but I added unnecessary items to my household. 


I love sewing horse blankets and sheets at RaDon, Inc. I love that my boss is super generous with fabric scraps and no-longer-used bolts. I have used scrap fabric for many different things!


However, a co-worker (Kriss the amazing!) no longer wanted her bin of scraps that she had taken home over the years. She is clearing out a lot of her sewing room. Although I know that lots of fabric goes into the garbage . . . I just couldn't see these go! So I took them. All of them.


I now have burgundy, red, black, navy, forest green, kelly green, and gray/green scraps of "cordura" - at least that's what it sounds like. It's like a canvas but with a different texture. It's super handy for making sturdy things like grill covers, carry sacks, etc. 



What will I do with all of this?! I have no idea. Actually, I have some ideas, but it's not a priority right now. Ugh. Two steps forward, one step back.


My sister Ann and I just did some brainstorming. Perhaps I'll be able to use this stuff up!

If you want some, please let me know!


I also took a box with stall curtains that had a broken zipper. The customer wanted it replaced, but she ended up buying new curtains. These were going to be thrown away so I took them home! They measure 4' x 8'. I asked my sister-in-law who has horses if she wanted them, but she hadn't ever heard of stall curtains! I have a few other people I can ask, but they may just have to end up in the garbage.



No comments: