Friday, September 8, 2023

Declutter #30 - Papers!

 I had originally planned to write about something else, but I went to look for the file folder with my knee surgery info. (I landed really hard on my left knee while in the BWCA and was concerned about having wrecked my artificial knee.)


I was astonished by how fat my "medical / health" file was! As I started to dig through it, I laughed.


Gone into recycling:

  • a file folder with info about menopause! (Been there, done that.)
  • a file folder from Health Partners . . . from the employer I left over six years ago!
  • a file folder with my personal weight / exercise / tracking info from the early 2000s

 

None of these files was skinny! I am horrified at how much paper I wasted "back in the day." I still print some things out, but it is much more streamlined.

 

Here's what I started with:


 


Now I just have the upright file holder (old plastic magazine storage thing) with 2/3 the amount of files inside it.


It wasn't a planned declutter, but it felt great! Too bad I'll have to wait two weeks for the next Recycle bin date. My bag is full!


Just for the record, here's how my knee looks one week post injury:


The swelling has gone down dramatically. The bruising has spread down my leg. It doesn't hurt as much as feel as though the skin is pulling too tight. 


But I got rid of a lot of papers!

No comments: