Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Declutter #40 - Yet More Lake Stuff


It's very liberating to get rid of unnecessary things! We had a lovely work weekend at the lake. We rented a boom lift and took down a few trees near the septic field. (Louie didn't want to drop them on the field and wreck our septic system!) 

 

But the trees aren't my "declutter" items this week . . . 

 

I wore my work boots Saturday, but switched to tennies on Sunday . . . because my work boots are a size 9. Feet getting bigger as you age is a real thing! (Actually, I was going to link some medical articles, but they are about the ligaments and such spreading out. So your feet don't actually GROW bigger.) Suffice it to say that although I used to wear size 9 shoes, I have been buying size 10 shoes for quite a while. 



I had a dilemma. Keep wearing work boots that hurt my toes? Buy a new pair of work boots for at the lake? Then I realized that I have work boots that fit me at home in Jordan. I do wear them there, especially in the winter and spring when it's icy. But I can easily bring them back and forth until we downsize to one residence! So I have a pair of awesome work boots to clean up and donate.


I also did a little rearranging at the lake and noticed that a bin with a spare sleeping bag and a spare comforter had been adversely impacted by mice. Not a new ingress! Just something I missed last time we dealt with the critters. I shook out the fabric and will launder them both. The comforter looks okay to donate. The sleeping bag may need a bit of patching . . . or may be repurposed as a dog bed. I'll see after I've laundered them.


I washed out the empty bin and put it away. It may be used to hold extra life jackets. Not a lot this week, but it's something.

No comments: