Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Declutter #39 - Random Stuff

This was not a stellar week for getting rid of stuff. And no photos. I'm writing on Wednesday instead of Sunday. I am NOT in top form!

 

This past week, I removed some people from my contacts list. (eContent counts toward decluttering!) I don't often go through my contacts list and remove people unless they've died and their info is no longer useful on this side of eternity. But sometimes I realize that I keep people's info even though we haven't been in contact in a long time. "Just in case." 

 

But really, how likely am I to need to contact someone with whom I've not spoken in several years? And if I really did want to contact them for some reason, couldn't I reach out to a mutual friend with whom I'm still in contact? Not likely, and yes. So I've deleted a few people from my contacts list. (As of this writing, I have 408 people in my Google Contacts.)

 

I hope that doesn't sound too callous! But communication is a two-way street. I simply don't have the time and energy to reach out to and connect with everyone I've ever known.

 

I also had some books and intended to drop them off at the Better World Books drop box in New Prague. When I went to Coborn's today, I realized that their dropbox is gone! So I put them in a fairly full Little Free Library near my house. (I was tempted to take a book out, but I have a LOT of books right now!) I just checked and my closest BWB dropbox is in Shakopee.


I had some beads that had fallen off some bracelets. It's hard for me to throw things in the garbage if they could possibly find another purpose. A friend at church enjoys making bracelets (and donated lots of them for our Operation Christmas Child box packing). I asked her if I could give her random beads and she said yes!


I try to ask people if they want things instead of just giving them items because I want to get rid of them. Like I said, it wasn't a super declutter week, but I did make small progress.

 

 

No comments: