Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Declutter #42 - Small Stuff

 While at the lake last weekend, I looked at all the cups we have in the cupboard and decided to say goodbye to these two. They're super cute, but rarely used. Into the Goodwill box they go! (I cringe to think of combining our possessions from our home in the Twin Cities with our lake home when we move there. I'll have to get really radical with donating!)

I also refilled my teaching bag with pencils. For some reason, I was handing a lot of them out to students the last few times I substitute taught. I have so many at home that it gives me joy to give them away! Waste not, want not. Plus, the older pencils get, the less likely the eraser is to be functional. I love office supplies, but I'm trying really hard to use up what I have.


Not much of a declutter, but I finally got rid of this sign a coworker made for me when I left Pioneer Ridge at the end of the 2016-17 school year. Her intentions were wonderful, but this is not at all something I value. Plus seeing it brings back some distinctly negative emotions. Bye-bye! (I'll keep the frame, of course, and use it for something else.)


<My technology is not cooperating, so I will upload the photo later!>


So, it's the day after I finished writing this post. I was able to upload the photo. While doing so, I actually read what the coworker wrote . . . and saw the typo!


"So many reader's lives changed . . . " UGH! 


Readers plural. Readers' lives. 


I'm very glad to see this go!

No comments: