Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Declutter #45 - papers

 No photo this time. I was looking for my files on book making (books to read, not odds on betting). I helped a friend with a desktop publishing project and wanted to locate my files. They were in a box of random stuff to sort. As I put two files away into my filing cabinet, I followed my rule of removing two. 


I took out a file called "Louie" that had old gift ideas in it. It was kind of funny! I read them aloud to Louie. The other file was for "Simpson Homeless Shelter" with info on hosting a meal. I haven't done that for over a decade and the shelter has been torn down now . . . pretty sure if I do that type of volunteer opportunity again in the future, I'll be able to find the info online.


As I was digging through the box to find my "book making" and "publishing" files, I found some old church bulletins. I take notes during sermons and sometimes go back and reread them, looking up the Scriptures. Well, I don't lack for opportunities to read God's Word and I don't need more stuff in my life. A bunch of the bulletins went into the recycle bin. 


It's not much, but it is forward progress.

No comments: