Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Declutter #46 - Use What You Have!

There's nothing momentous about this past week's declutter. I was getting ready for Christmas. One of the things I did was sew a couple of capes for twin five-year-olds. Wanting to make a pattern, I grabbed a large sheet of paper that my grandson and I had used for a drawing sheet several times. (It is large - almost 2'x3'.)


I've saved many of my grandson's drawings, but this was a wonderful piece for making a pattern. I also used up some synthetic fabrics that I had gotten for free. The capes are a bit wonky, but the recipients seemed to enjoy them. (I only used the pattern minimally and did a little free styling.)

 


 


While putting some dishes away, I found two coffee mugs in the back of the cabinet. As much as I love my coffee (and cocoa and other hot beverages), I have TOO MANY mugs! Since these two have been out of circulation for a while, I am just going to donate them and free up a little space in the cupboard.


It's not much, but it's something. I did get into my sewing room a fair amount last week! I'm excited to start my 2024 blogging about that! (The two little superhero capes, binding for the black and neon quilt, a fabric bag, some repair work . . . )


I need to do a lot more decluttering, but I feel as though this exercise of blogging about it has motivated me to be more in the mode of using what I have, get rid of excess, and don't buy things I don't truly need.

No comments: