Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Declutter #43 - Better Than Nothing . . . and a State of Mind

So I got rid of very little this past week. I went looking for a pin for a project and found this stuff in my drawer:

I'm still sorting through it to keep a few items, but the beads went to a friend at church who makes them into bracelets. The McDonalds employee pins will find a new home. A few cute things will make it into Christmas stockings.


What struck me this week is how my attitude toward stuff has shifted. I'm so much more comfortable with getting rid of stuff! I've never been much of a shopping-focused person, but more than ever I'm trying to be creative in making do with what I already have.


I'm also excited that a lot of stuff I've already blogged about is getting loaded up to drop off at Hands of Friendship this week! Out of my basement . . . woohoo! I like to celebrate successes.


This will continue to be a work in progress, but I'm not spending much time just going through closets, drawers, etc. Sometimes there are just other things that are far more important!

No comments: