Monday, April 17, 2023

Declutter #17 - Having fun!

I have two boxes that are filling with things that do not need to live here any more. One has toys that haven't been played with in a long, long time (and the grandchildren have lots of other toys to play with). The other is filled with reams of colored paper, beautiful candles, and some pieces of decor that don't add to my joy. The cute "welcome" sign at left would be fine, except the wind makes it clunk against the house, which sets our German Shepherd into a protective fit of barking. Basically, it just stresses him
out too much!



I had warned Joshua that our cool refrigerator box "fort" / house / submarine / rocketship was going to be recycled. He asked why (as four year olds are wont to do) and I said it took up too much space. I'm glad I got a few photos before tearing it apart. It was fun! He has a fantastic imagination.




I'm really working on using up what we already have at home instead of buying stuff. Groceries haven't been as expensive this month because I'm making do with what we already have for the most part! Instead of stocking up, my grocery list just keeps growing and I only buy a few things that we need at a time.

 

I did buy myself some underwear, though . . . and I bought some really cheap ones. Big mistake! It's worth paying for quality. I guess I'll continue to wear mine until they're only fit for the garbage and hold off on buying "good ones" for later in the year. (I joked that I should pack my rattiest underwear for our vacation so I could throw them away instead of packing them home for laundry. Tempting . . . )


Anyhow, I feel as though I'm still in a slow, steady state of getting rid of things. I'm prepping a fat envelope of my mother-in-law's hand written recipes to send to the sister-in-law who said she wanted them.

No comments: