Sunday, August 27, 2023

Declutter #29 - Magnets

This isn't ALL I got rid of this week, but I've just spent waaaayy too much time looking for the title of a book and I need to move on.


Quite a while ago (1990s?), I taught a class at our church (Lydia Zion United Methodist) at the time. I cannot remember the name of the book! But I made these magnets for each couple in the church. There was a fifth one that was of a violin. That one represented the value you should have for your partner - as though that person were as rare, precious, and valuable as a Stradivarius violin.


These are what I'm tossing in the garbage. They are not the sturdiest and I have too much stuff! They were meant to be visual reminders of the concepts we talked about from the book.








 

I have gotten rid of some other magnets (when we replaced our fridge), but these were in my office space. I wish I could remember the name of the book! I'll update this if / when I find it. 

 

I do remember that the one on the far right is about not making a fist (hence the Stop sign shape). We can crush the spirit of our loved ones too easily.

No comments: