Sunday, January 28, 2024

2024 Studio Post #4 - A Repair and A Finished Edge

Another small week, but I love getting into my studio!


My husband's old lined jeans were wearing out at the buttonhole. He primarily uses them for walking the dog at 5am on cold mornings or working in the garage in the winter. I cut a buttonhole zone from a pair of old denims and stitched it over the frayed fabric. Due to the many layers of thick denim, I couldn't go all the way around with my sewing machine, so I hand stitched part of it. It's not pretty, but it's holding up!


I found a piece of heart fabric on the "free" table at Minnesota Quilters and nabbed it right away! I pressed the unfinished edges, gave it a sew, and used it in a display at church for "I love missions." It's simple and quick, but I did some sewing last week!



No comments: